Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tooling About Town

After going to see sale horses at Leslie and Lesley Laws (very, very nice people and horsemen, by the by), I went into Middleburg to join some friends for a drink. When I pulled up to their office, there was a two-horse carriage standing out front. I went to go pet their horses, while they went rummaging through the office for ice; they then offered us a ride around town.

Someday, I want a two-horse carriage.

It was really, REALLY fun! Two big Canadian mares, who were very good girls who loved their jobs, took us on a little ride through downtown M-Burg (which is a legimate town, for those who've never been - traffic, motorcycles, people mulling around, especially since it was such a stunning day yesterday). We toured the cemetary, went through some residential areas, and saw parts of town I'd never been to before. It was beautiful, and VERY fun, and... yeah, I want a carriage. :)

Ponies are great. I vow to not work Cleo in an arena until we go to the show this weekend; we need a little mental vacation, and yesterday we ran through the Brentina Cup test's trot-passage-piaffe tour in the field, on a hillside, and she was fun and fresh. Ella's still physically recuperating from the show, so we're just tooling around, though she made some nice twos yesterday.

And then there's Midge! Now that we've got a big break between shows, I'm getting back on the piaffe bandwagon, and he made such a nice effort on Tuesday I couldn't even believe it. He was so sensible I almost called the vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment