Friday, May 8, 2009

My Students Are Kind Of Awesome

Issy has been riding with me since last Spring. She's a heck of a rider, and a heck of a nice young woman. She plays polo, jumps, events, hunts, and I'm getting her at least somewhat converted to dressage.

Issy's had quite a month.

First, Issy went to the Loudon Hunt Pony Club Horse Trials, where she finished 3rd, on her 34.7 dressage score, at Beginner Novice. This is exciting, but what makes it totally ridiculously awesome is that she ran cross country with one stirrup. It just dun fell off around fence 3. Unbelievable.

And then Issy got invited to go play polo in Miami, which was also a big freaking deal. (she's the star of photo #6.)

And THEN they liked her so much that they named her MVP. And invited her to play all over the world.

She credits? Her dressage training.*
*among other things, I'm sure. But I'm running with it!

So, basically, as much stuff as I ever win, this is the stuff that really rocks my socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment