Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rising Above

Cleo, after trying very hard to KILL Jess and I in the wash stall, being a total cow to braid, peeing all over her stall door, flirting with anything in sight, nearly biting my leg off, being an ass to tack up and get on, and having the adjustability of a freight train in the warmup, went around the arena for her Brentina Cup test. And when the judge rang the bell, she bolted. I took hold, came to a stop, and took one. deep. breath.

And then Cleo gave me a beautiful test.

It wasn't an oh-my-God test. My piaffe-passage was marginal, but infinitely better than yesterday. My ones were early. My pirouettes were a little big. But man, she was uphill and balanced and organized. She was with me 110% of every minute of that test.

And we got a whopper 62%.

(I don't get it. Whatev!)

Here's what makes me happy:
1. My lovely new navy top hat, in which I look smashing, thankyouverymuch.
2. All the details I worked on this week - centerlines, passage-walk transitions, collected-extended walk transitions - went great and got super scores.
3. That neat-o filly who ran her big bay heart out yesterday.
4. All the Smirinoff and cupcakes (don't knock it 'til you've tried it) I consumed yesterday, surrounded by great friends.
5. Midge and Ella's GREAT efforts in their tests today (to the tune of 66% and 65%, respectively).
6. The 2 8s and a 9 I got on walk pirouettes today (booyah).
7. Midge's very nice tri-color for being Third Level High Point champion (yay!), and my new handsome matching glassware set, shiny matching plates, and VERY useful new white polos (PVDA does give out top-class prizes).

And most importantly:
8. That I get to get up every day and do what I love, and call it WORK!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I wish I was getting up doing what I love and call it work:-(. You are so lucky! If I could turn the clock back 20 years, I would do the exact same thing! Hey, at least I get to ride after I get home from work:-). Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete