Saturday, April 11, 2009

Woohoo!

Cleo warmed up great, came down centerline, locked her neck, grabbed the bit and ran through the first centerline, entire trot tour, and first piaffe-passage. Then we walked. And then I was in charge.

And it was good!

There's obviously plenty of room for improvement. I spent the first half going ohgodohgod come baaaack!, and the second half going ohgodohgod we're actually doing this!, so a little rideability and focus will go a long way. Reasonably happy with the pirouettes and changes, very happy with the final centerline piaffe-passage (even the transitions had clear rhythm! yay!).

Of course, the test that actually counts is tomorrow, and there's miles to go before we sleep, but we got a 65%, and I am VERY excited!

Midge was a rockstar in absolutely dreadful footing that tried to swallow him whole; he desperately needed a snorkel. Got quite tight in the back trying to get out of the muck, and I got ripped a new one for riding him too short in the neck (if I could figure out how to make his neck longer, I would, promise! no points for effort, though). No suprises, just means we haven't yet finished our homework. Did get both changes though, and came back from the extended canter, and was very ameanable to teh whole thing. Good pony.

My students all lived - the weather was truly appaling this morning, but everyone put on a brave face, and everyone had a few highlights. All in all a VERY succesful day, and I'm eager to give tomorrow a go!

Yaaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment