Sunday, April 12, 2009

Woohoo, part two!

Poor Cleo was POOPED today. She was a very good girl, and I rode way better, and she let me fix a few things from yesterday. And then there was our last centerline:
D-X passage.
Around X, Cleo: "Can we halt here?" Lauren: "No, we have to piaffe here." Cleo: "Sigh. Ok."
X piaffe 7-10 steps.
On step 10, Cleo: "Now can we halt?" Lauren: "No, now we have to passage." Cleo: "Sigh. Ok."
X-G, passage.
One step after X, Cleo: "NOW can we halt?" Lauren: "Not yet!"
Two steps after X, Cleo: "NOW?!" Lauren: "Not yet!"
Repeat until G.
G, halt, salute. Cleo: (gasp, sputter, call for horse trailer.)

She got a 64% and change, which is just fine by me! I'm excited having these quality scores on rides with some booboos and things I know I can improve with a little more time and practice in the test. Gives me hope for Gladstone in June!

Midge was my little superstar today. I had a longer warmup with fewer walk breaks, just thinking Go to the bridle, go to the bridle, go to the bridle. No miracles occured, but it was a TON better, and he was more settled in the footing - more like wet footing instead of soup. He got a 65% and change to win the class, including 8s on his entry halt (booya), medium walk (!?), and one flying change (!!!!!!!!). He'll get better and better with more experience at this level, too. Not bad for a horse who I've shown 6 times, all at Training Level, two years ago!

I unloaded the horses from the trailer, gave them some hay, and barely made it up the stairs to pass out - I'm EXHAUSTED. Too much twitching awake with nerves at 3 am. I'm a cool cucumber once I'm on the showgrounds, but anywhere else and I'm mess. Tylenol PM next time (unless USEF decides to follow our neighbors to the North and drug test RIDERS at our Championships. Ick.)

1 comment:

  1. Both days were lovely. I could see how tired Cleo was on Sunday, but it was lovely.

    I've decided that so long as my dressage score is higher than my age, I'm in good shape.

    ReplyDelete