Thursday, April 16, 2009

These Boots Are Made For Walking

My senior year of college, I lost 35 pounds. It was awesome, and I'm really, really glad I did it. One unpleasant side effect was that my lovely tall boots really didn't fit anymore. Today, I can pull them on and off with just my hands, and they're not that solid around my leg anymore - they slip while I'm in the saddle.

It's time for a new pair of boots.

I got motivated around Christmas, and I called around. One company sent me a few leather swatches, several of which were in varying shades of navy blue.

And I got to thinking.

My shadbelly is this beautiful dark navy blue, so dark you have to really look at it to see if it's blue. What would be wrong with similarly dark dark dark navy boots? I've dwelled on it for four months, I've called the best dressed people I know, and I'm still just a little hesitant - can a stuffy, stick-up-our-butts sport like dressage handle navy blue boots?

Whaddya think?

4 comments:

  1. I love the concept, and I would be really interested to see how they turn out. I'm fond of blue, and if I found a pair of [affordable] boots like that I'd totally grab them for schooling and cross-country. I think I'd have to see the final product in action before passing judgment for the dressage ring, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Migrating from LJ

    you're welcome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it will look good :)
    especially with your navy shadbelly you'll be verryy snazzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You only live once and it's your money. I'd say as long as it's allowed, get what you like. :)

    ReplyDelete