Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's Showtime!

OH MAN. Oh man oh man oh man.

I have ride times for next weekend, which means that I am actually going to show Cleo at Grand Prix.*

*well, the Brentina Cup tests, which are pretty dang close.

OH MAN!

Three years of working towards this. I'll probably fall off.

She's working really well. The piaffe-passage transitions are still giving me heartburn. I haven't exactly run through the entire test from start to finish yet. I haven't ridden the zig-zags in a standard arena yet. Panic is starting to ensue just. a. little.

But it's ok. It'll be ok. She's REALLY white and shiny, and I look reasonably impressive in my tailcoat. Like someone said to me last week, "Fake it 'til you make it."

Oh boy.

Midge is going too, and Midge is going great. There is still a little, ahem, Orange Dutch Horse Tension that I haven't quite eradicated yet, but the quality of the work in general is quite good, particularly the trot, and the changes will either be spectacular or terrifying, and that's all ok. He also is attractive enough where as long as I don't look like a total bufoon we'll put in a perfectly adequate performance.

Almost all my clients are riding around the exact time that I am, of course, so it'll be an INSANE weekend, but in all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to it. Even if I do fall off Cleo in a rush of ohmygodwedidit, and Midge does launch me out of the tack in the change from right to left. Well, maybe not so much then.

6 comments:

  1. where is the show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. iv'e heard of that place isn't it supposed to be an awesome place to show???
    i don't think you'll look like a buffoon and on the off chance that you do you can join the club of dressage buffoons (we have t-shirts :D )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a perfectly adequate place to show; I grew up in the Chicagoland area, so I'm awfully spoiled for quality facilities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries, you'll be great. And if you decide to claim you never met me, I'll just do my usual terrible tests, wallow in self pity and give up dressage shows for 4 years... And, just think since I've never ridden in a dressage show WITH a coach, I have minimal expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your all to funny! Go have fun and don't forget to smile! Breathing would also be a good one when doing the zig zags...

    ReplyDelete