Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Prince William Returns

I had two goals with Billy. One I accomplished in February of 2007, when Conrad Schumacher told me that I was riding his neck too long. A miracle, indeed. But my second goal had not been accomplished. Until now.

Billy is fat.

He's huge. He's collosal. He's as big as a house. And it looks GREAT on him.

Of course, this has nothing to do with me. Billy just came back up from his winter in Florida with his leasor, who does a GREAT job with him and has learned a ton. But man, I went over to her place today to teach them today, and I almost didn't recognize B-man. He's GIGANTIC.

I love it!

And he does too - he's happy and shiny and totally chill. This is everything I want for him: the opportunity to keep working and teach someone else some of the great things he taught me. They're going to back off the calories a little, especially as he's now eating some proper grass (instead of the weirdo Florida plastic grass), which is probably for the best. But yay! My goals for Billy have been met. Guess I need some new goals. Like... not dying this weekend?

Actually, the kids here have been really good. Cleo and I ran through the whole test today for the first time, and it wasn't as terrifying as I'd feared (though there's some work to be done, in between the hyperventilating). And Midge is going to be what Midge is going to be, but the highlights will be highlights, which is nice. I actually put him in the snaffle today and liked it a lot - we'll see what I show him in.

Scott comes tomorrow for a quick afternoon of help before we all take off to the show. It's going to be a great show - in addition to being a Brentina, Jr and YR qualifier, it's a Young Horse qualifier too, so there's a lot of big guns around. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment