Tuesday, February 10, 2009

UGH.

So Saturday morning, I'm letting Cleo walk around before we school, and she shies at something. I come down in the saddle JUST wrong, and I get this nasty sharp pain in my lower back, on the right. OUCH. I try and trot around a little, but my back is not having it. I put her away, Kelly lunges Ella and Midge, and I park on the couch with some Naproxen, only getting up to teach my afternoon lessons.

Sunday morning I'm feeling a little better, and I can work my three lightly, but no more. I teach all afternoon, and Monday, my day off, I take it super easy. Until the package arrives: the inversion table we ordered. PERFECT!, I think. I'll "hang out" (haha) for a few minutes and I'll be all set to ride on Tuesday morning.

Yeeaaah.

Everything is swell while I'm upside down, but when I try and get up, I'm in agony. I manage to untangle myself from the equipment, but I fall to the floor and I can't get up. I lay on the floor for 20 minutes before I can finally limp up the stairs and onto an ice pack.

Today, I actually felt a lot better (the inversion table worked a charm on the rest of my back and neck!), and a trip to the chiropractor and accupuncturist has me well on my way to recovery. But YIKES!! Scary as hell. And naturally, all this goes on over the first beautiful weekend of the year... sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. I am sitting on a heating pad right now from a nasty spin-and-look around move on Friday. Sat riding was NOT GOOD. It's feeling better, but no sitting trot yet. Lousy timing.

    ReplyDelete