Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Three days on the couch

I am FINALLY back to being a barely-productive member of society, after spending the better part of three days alternating between couch and bed. Apparently this bug is going around; do whatever it takes to NOT get it. It is way not cool.

A few things I've learned after three days of incapacitation:
- there is absolutely NOTHING good on TV at 3 am.
- it should be illegal for TV ad producers to crank up the volume on their ads. I feel no need to be shaken from on-the-couch slumber by an ad for some structured-annuity-lump-sum-thingy.
- at any given time, on some network, somewhere in the world, one of the many Law & Order shows is on. (except, apparently, 3 am.)
- I could never ever ever have an eating disorder, because that was the worst way EVER to lose five pounds. But I have lost five pounds!
- most of all: nothing, NOTHING, is more special to me than a friend who brings me soup and Gatorade.

So Renee, you're amazing. I don't know what I did to deserve a friend like you, but it must have been awfully good.

I'm teaching a little tonight, which is good, because I'm feeling recuperated enough to be going a little stir crazy, and it's back to the grindstone tomorrow. I want to practice all that Pam and I worked on!

No comments:

Post a Comment