Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Somethings New And Blue

Oh man oh man oh man - the blue boots have arrived.

First: it's really not terribly fair to call them blue, because they're really, really, really dark dark dark navy. Like so dark that I hyperventillated a little when I pulled them out of the box because I thought they were black. So I don't think I'll be as much of a trendsetter as I'd originally thought/feared, which is probably a good thing.

I'm guessing they will not make their debut at Gladstone - they hurt like a MOTHER, and while I could probably get them broken in in time, I'm worried about what that would do to my legs, as I really need those to be in perfect working order. You know, national championships at all. But we'll see.

And oh man oh man oh man, part deux: my new car is sitting in the garage downstairs!

I haggled and hemmed and hawwed, and eventually weaseled my way into a very shiny new (!) Honda Fit. It is a very pretty light silvery blue, and it was WAY fun to drive home yesterday. And it holds all this stuff! It has a proper back seat! Amazing.

So I raise my glass (at this hour in the morning, it's orange juice) to my faithful Volkswagen, with its 140k miles and slowly rotting engine, seats, air conditioning, etc: "Lucky," you were a really great car. See you in Car Heaven. Just hopefully not anytime soon.

Now, it's off to stomp around my apartment in my new boots, hopefully just to the point where my knees are thinking of bleeding, but not PAST it.

(and yes, I will take pictures as soon as I can mooch a camera - mine bit the dust last week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment