Friday, January 30, 2009

The Wintery Mix: a highly unnatural phenomenon

We had a few inches of fluffy, beautiful snow earlier this week, which looked a lot like this. And then it turned to a little rain over night. And then I had the pleasure of scraping ice an inch and a half thick off my driveway.

I know it's mighty cold in other parts of the country, but 40* days and 20* nights do present their own unique challenges. It took me an hour to clear a path to the flipping arena from the barn - a maybe 50 foot journey. And after all of our sweat and strain, the sun came out yesterday and melted a good portion of it all away.

Ugh. Sometimes I miss proper bad weather!

Colleen, saddle fitter to the equine stars, is here for a few days, which includes a clinic tonight. All the horses passed around a good-pony-memo or something, because everyone's been a STAR this week. And I'm off to go salt the last bit of ice off the driveway before the masses descend!

2 comments:

  1. man I would kill for 40 degree days LOL I think Monday is the first time in like 14 or 15 days we'll break 40. It's just ridiculous up here in the NW...

    By the way, this is wagrobanite from lj :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had that kind of snow, we had ice completely coat us out here.

    ReplyDelete